Note: This article is specific to Serverless360 Private Hosting Version.
What is Azure Logic Apps?
Azure Logic Apps provide a way to simplify and implement scalable integrations and workflows in the cloud. Create workflows to connect cloud and on-premises services. Azure Logic App begins with a trigger and after firing can begin with actions and conditions.
Why we need this Feature?
Serverless360 comes with management and monitoring capabilities for Azure Logic Apps. Azure Logic Apps can be monitored based on their state. In future, we will bring Data monitoring to monitor on historical data of Azure Logic App metrics. Consider a Digital Branding scenario, wherein the requirement is to define a Logic App with the following workflow.
- The Logic App should be triggered whenever a new tweet appears on the configured Twitter page
- The text of the received tweet should be passed on to the configured ‘Azure Cognitive- Services’ to receive the sentimental score
- Trigger an email if the sentiment score is < 0.3
In such cases, it is important to manage and monitor Azure Logic App. Serverless360 makes it feasible.
What are the current challenges?
- Ensuring Logic App to be ‘Enabled’ at a regular interval, manually is not practical.
- Identifying the reason behind Run Action Failure
- Check the message at input and output stages
How will Serverless360 help?
Serverless360 comes with the following features that would improve user experience in managing and monitoring Logic Apps associated with Service Principal
- Manage: Simplified UI with the following need only information facilitates managing the associated Logic Apps
- Current state
- Resource Group
- Service Principal
- Last Updated At
- Options to Enable, Delete and view Properties
- Monitoring: This is available when a Logic App is included in a Composite Application State based monitoring solutions triggers alerts through the configured Notification Channel(s) by comparing the current state against the expected state
- Audit: All operations on the associated Logic Apps will be tracked under Governance and Audit operation section.
- View Error Details of Failed Runs and Triggers: Every Logic App is initiated by a Trigger followed by run Actions. Associating a Logic App to a composite application enables viewing its details, Trigger History and Run History of last 24 hours
Trigger history will show all triggers to Logic App along with details about inputs and outputs of each trigger, in case of failure the error reason. In case of multiple triggers, the trigger history can be filtered based on the trigger, as in Azure Portal.
- By clicking on each trigger record, view the trigger details and raw inputs, outputs for each attempt.
- Run identifiers are available for successful triggers. Clicking on the Run Identifier in trigger details will render the associated Run Details with the status of every action.
- By clicking action name, drill down to the action details.
- Run Action will contain inputs, outputs in case of success and error in case of failure or being skipped
Serverless360 is a one platform tool to operate, manage and monitor Azure Serverless components. It provides efficient tooling that is not and likely to be not available in Azure Portal. Try Serverless360 free for 15 days!